You can get JSDAI in several ways:
- JSDAI for Eclipse: I this case you first have to install Eclipse and after this JSDAI plugins and features will be downloaded and installed by the Eclipse framework. Most users will go for this because it provides you with a graphical user interface to run the tools.
- JSDAI Standalone installation packages: Use this if you need the ExpressCompiler and other tools that you can run from the command line
- JSDAI Runtime: This is a subset of the first two packages
- XIM Library: This is another subset of the first two packages
- JSDAI source code: And this are the source codes for all this
JSDAI for Eclipse
These instructions explain how to install the Eclipse platform and JSDAI plugins for it.
- Install the Eclipse platform:
- Download latest Eclipse SDK from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/.
- Install Java runtime environment (JRE), follow instructions on Eclipse download site.
- Install Eclipse, follow instructions on Eclipse download site.
- Launch Eclipse. For guides on Eclipse, use internal help (Help -> Help Contents) or online help (http://help.eclipse.org).
- Download and install JSDAI plugins:
- In Eclipse choose Help -> Software Updates -> Find and Install.
- Select Search for new features to install and click Next.
- Click New Remote Site... button.
- Enter the name of the site, eg. JSDAI Update Site.
- Enter the URL: http://eclipse.jsdai.net and click OK.
- Make sure the checkbox for the JSDAI Update Site is selected.
- Click Finish button.
- A Search Results window will appear. Here you can review the available plugins by expanding the tree under JSDAI Update Site node.
- Select the checkbox of JSDAI Update Site - all checkboxes will be selected. Click Next.
- Read the license agreements for the JSDAI plugins.
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreement if you accept them and click Next.
- In the summary page, click Finish.
- The plugins are downloaded to your computer. A progress bar indicates the state of download.
- After download, a Verification window appears. Click Install All button to install all plugins.
- The plugins are installed into Eclipse. Click Yes to restart the workbench.
- In case of problems:
Sometimes with many consecutive updates of Eclipse and JSDAI it might happen that some dependencies of the plugins get out of sync. In suchh a case it might help to start the Eclipse framework a single time with the "-clean" flag on the command line; see http://www.eclipsezone.com/eclipse/forums/t61566.html
JSDAI Standalone installation packages
Download the JSDAI Standalone:
- JSDAI Installer v4.3.2 for Windows (103.25 MB)
- JSDAI Installer v4.3.2 for Linux and Unix (110.95 MB)
- JSDAI Installer v4.3.2 for other platforms (103.01 MB)
Download the JSDAI Core jars only:
The XIM library is a special JSDAI library, optimized for supporting most STEP Application protocols (AP) in a single integrated model.
Download XIM Library below:
JSDAI source code
Download the source code to JSDAI below: