JSDAI Database is a solution provided by LKSoft to store industrial product information as objects in relational databases and make it available via standards-compliant application programming interfaces (APIs). Every kind of product object specified by an EXPRESS information model (ISO 10303-11) is supported. This includes the international standards known as STEP (ISO 10303), Parts Library (ISO 13584 PLIB), standard data element types (IEC61360) and others. In addition user-specific EXPRESS schemas are supported.
A typical JSDAI Database installation consists of one or more JSDAI applications (e.g. IDA-STEP for STEP AP214), a JSDAI-SQL Bridge, and a relational database such as MySQL or Oracle.
JSDAI provides persistent data storage either locally (single user) or remotely for several JSDAI clients using the JSDAI-SQL Bridge product. JSDAI-SQL Bridge acts as a middle tier between JSDAI client applications and a relational database.
- Automated repository structure creation and management for arbitrary EXPRESS information schemas.
- Concurrent access to a database from a number of JSDAI clients ensuring consistency through an extended transaction mechanism. For this the SDAI transaction mechanism is mapped to the database transaction.
- Scalability and extendibility through backend support for MySQL (for entry level databases) and Oracle (for enterprise level databases).
- Optimization for high-speed storage and retrieval of any kind of EXPRESS-based information.
- Sophisticated JSDAI queries directly based on the EXPRESS structure that make it easy to find needed information. (See SDAI-query documentation)
- Standards based: SDAI (ISO 10303-22) as the client interface and SQL as database interface.
- Fine-grained access control system by enabling default rights for SdaiRepositories and workspaces and assigning specific rights to user groups. Access control ensures that only appropriate data is visible to a user behind a JSDAI client and that only authorized users can make changes to the information.
- Direct support for EXPRESS short forms (EXPRESS schemas referencing other EXPRESS schemas), as well as traditional long form schemas.
- Storage and retrieval of arbitrary external files and linking them with an EXPRESS-based entity instance. External files include office documents, bitmaps/pictures, CAD files, and so on.
- Backup and restoration of entire JSDAI repositories as an SDAI file. The SDAI file format is on open specification with information content that is compatible with STEP classical files (Part 21) and STEP XML files (Part 28). In addition the SDAI file contains all associated (checked-in) external documents.